India’s civil aviation industry is on a high-growth curve. India aims to become the third-largest aviation market by 2026 as per IBEF Report. The Civil Aviation industry is driven by factors like low-cost carriers (LCCs), modern airports, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in domestic airlines, advanced information technology (IT) interventions and growing emphasis on regional connectivity etc.
Aviation Industry requires accuracy and perfection at all times. Technology is pervasive in this sector to keep up the pace of transactions expected by customers, employees and various authorities, using world class products and services. IT and ICT play crucial roles in infrastructure, operations management and communication systems. It ensures service availability and speed of delivery at all times. Cloud, Mobility and Analytics can help them derive benefits.
Air Asia is one of the fastest growing, low cost Air carrier in Southeast Asia head quartered in Malaysia. It has major offices in India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines.
Air Asia wanted to scale up operations to match the rapidly growing customer base. Air Asia had to continuously look for innovative ways to attract new customers and retain existing base. The management wanted to improve CSAT levels and retain investor cum share holder confidence. They had to maintain strategic balance between global standards and adoption of technology at regional levels across geographies. There was need to constantly improve agility in business innovation and operations. They wanted the right partner to look up to in case of any solutions.
- Network availability – Growing number of flyers and employees demands high availability of their applications for booking, travel management and ground operations, speedy customer service in terms of ticketing and check-in, etc.
- Internet traffic management – Air Asia’s attractive costs while maintaining superior levels of customer satisfaction, have expanded their customer base tremendously in the last couple of years, leading to an increase in the number of hits their websites and portals receive.
- Information security – Critical data needed to be protected at all times from virus, malware and ransomware attacks, data security and breach of confidentiality, DC and end point data loss.
- Current state of collaboration – Ineffective communication between management and operations team with bare minimum ICT infrastructure deployed, limited to IP telephony in most locations and no multi-party video conferencing mechanism.
- Centralized DC without DR – Network availability and latencies affect user experience across multiple locations accessing central servers.
- Speed of guest service – Frequent downtimes and firewall inability to handle the load has recently led to more ground operations staff working extra hours doing manual, paper based work to meet customer expectations and maintain a steady service.
Inspira protected all end points to prevent data loss and improve resource availability, by deploying a more sophisticated antivirus and end point protection solution. It ensured high availability of internet and protected network, calling for deployment of dual firewalls at all critical stations, configured in HA mode. Inspira QoS and Application load balancing on Peplink devices. Other tasks include Setting up of automated, interactive Kiosks with minimal manual intervention, to address customer facing issues related to ticketing and check-in, deployment of video conferencing unit for management and operations team to collaborate more effectively, frequently and address emergency, critical business issues. Inspira helped cabin crew and ground operations team to easily access information through the best in breed tablet computers as their day to day equipment in use, Syncing with central servers. It enabled point of sale offline devices to store in flight data and sync up with local servers on land.
Solutions offered to Air Asia
- Network availability – Cyberoam and Fortinet firewalls in HA mode
- Internet traffic management – Peplink load balancers
- Information Security – Sophos End point protection
- Guest service speed and CSAT – Interactive Kiosks from Posiflex and Innokios
- Effective collaboration – Polycom Group 500 conference solution
- In flight operations – ePOS and Surface Pro
- Business Process Management – Newgen
- End computing – Dell make Laptops, Desktops and Servers
- Ease of access – Win based other tablets
- Unified Communications – PBX and IP telephony
- Campus surveillance – IP cameras and Cloud based video recorder
Benefits & Results
- Better management of and control on the overall security infrastructure, brand image across competition and Improved customer experience
- Faster turnaround time for flights, better resource utilization across links, servers, network equipment and end points
- Improved control and visibility of bandwidth needs across the network for the IT team and better collaboration across all teams
Inspira Enterprise – Leading IT Solutions Provider in India, with its center of excellence in Networking, Unified Communication, Cloud, IT Security, Smart City Solutions & Healthcare have been offering services and solutions to Industries from Government (State & Central Ministry), PSU, BFSI, IT / ITeS, Enterprise and Healthcare.