Digital Fundus Camera is a microscope with low power attached camera, a revolutionary technology in Indian eye care problems. Learn more about Digital fundus camera and its benefits in India eye care solutions technology.
India is a home to the world’s largest number of blind people. According to global health statistics, nearly one of every three blind people in the world is an Indian. The high proportion of visually impaired global population resides in India. The demography & prolonged life style diseases like Obesity, Diabetes & Hypertension can lead to visual impairment, if not detected & treated early.
There are 4 levels of visual function, according to the International Classification of Diseases:
Normal Vision, Moderate Visual Impairment, Severe Visual Impairment & Blindness.
Globally the major causes of visual impairment are uncorrected refractive errors like myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism), un-operated cataract, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
Lack of eye Screening Programs and infrastructure have worsened the situation. The Ophthalmoscope (with dilation) used to detect eye disorders leads to low detection rates in cases like Diabetic Retinopathy or Glaucoma. It is vital that ophthalmologists focus on surgeries and optometrists take charge of primary eye care refractive errors like presbyopia, contact lenses, low-vision aids and vision therapies.
In order to provide quality eye care Bosch has developed comprehensive solution that consists of eye care device and software – Bosch Digital Fundus Camera.
What is Fundus Camera?
A fundus camera is a specialized low power microscope with an attached camera. Its optical design is based on the indirect ophthalmoscope.
Fundus cameras are described by the angle of view the optical angle of acceptance of the lens.
- An angle of 30° is considered the normal angle of view. It creates a film image i.e. 2.5 times larger than life.
- Wide angle fundus cameras capture images between 45° and 140° and provide proportionately less retinal magnification
- A narrow angle fundus camera has an angle of view of 20° or less.
Revolutionary Ophthalmological Point of Care Solution – Bosch Digital Fundus Camera
Bosch Digital Fundus Camera is end-to-end, feature packed, easy-to-use, affordable solution that impeccably assimilates multiple elements of eye care practice. It empowers an ophthalmologist to offer better point-of-care solutions.
Bosch Eye Care solutions includes two parts – a physical hand held device – Bosch Digital Fundus Camera which offers both Non-Mydriatic and Mydriatic modes for faster and accurate detection and a supporting software – MediBilder which enables importing of captured images to a computer and generates advance diagnostics.
Inspira Enterprise – Leading IT Solutions Provider in India, is authorized distributor Bosch Digital Fundus Camera in India. It is easy to book the device, just schedule a call and someone from Inspira Enterprise will call you to fulfil your requirements.
Benefits of Digital Fundus Camera
- Bosch Digital Fundus camera is Portable and Ergonomic. It is a hand held device which can be used ‘anytime, anywhere’ and is applicable in multiple specialties – hospitals, clinics, and vision centers, outpatient screening, in-patient diagnosis and pediatric ophthalmology etc.
- Bosch Digital Fundus Camera enables Non-Mydriatic screening. It makes use of the retina’s reflective properties to show details and stores images that are superior compared to slit lamps and other tools. It does not require pupil dilation in majority of the cases, and is painless. It provides early detection and monitoring of serious eye health conditions like macular degeneration, glaucoma, high blood pressure, diabetic retinopathy. The images gets visually added to ophthalmologist notes. It creates a fuller picture of eye health that can be shared with other physicians easily.
- Bosch Digital Fundus Camera is easy to operate with little training required.
- Bosch Digital Fundus Camera offers a wide angle of the targeted retina. It has different filters to choose from for the purposes of image enhancement.
- Bosch Digital Fundus Camera is Affordable and Screening time is less.
- The MediBilder client software for importing, reviewing and managing images offer a tele-medicine platform on the cloud for referral and offers easy integration with Hospital Management System.