Learn about how Government of Rajasthan used Big data solution for reducing the cost and make some smart decisions to enhance and launch policies for state. RajComp Info Services Ltd. (RISL), (formerly RajCOMP) is a Government of Rajasthan undertaking, incorporated under Companies Act 1956 in 2010. Its primary areas of expertise include IT consultancy, e-Governance project conceptualization and implementation, capacity building in the IT area, provision of customized IT solutions spanning hardware as well as software projects, GIS development and multimedia development. RISL works under aegis of Principal Secretary, IT&C, Government of Rajasthan, who is the Chairman and Managing Director of the Company.
RISL is the State Designated Agency (SDA) for implementation of projects under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) including i.e. State Data Centre (SDC), State Wide Area Network (SWAN), Common Service Center Delivery Gateway (SSDG) and other Mission Mode Projects (MMPs).
Over the past two decades, governments have increasingly leveraged information technology to transform relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Through the use of technology, governments have improved the delivery of services to citizens and increased the efficiency of their own work processes.
In the today’s information era, the size of information/data is growing exponentially. Apart from the size of the data sets, the variety of the data which is being generated today from various sources like web, social media, surveillance video logs etc. is quite heterogeneous. The volume and variety of stored data poses the problem of quick retrieval of the desired data from the database. Traditional database management systems often have difficulties in handling the big data. Big data is a term that describes the large volume of data – both structured and unstructured – that floods Government on a day-to-day basis. But it’s not the amount of data that’s important. It’s what Government do with the data that matters. Big data solution can help in analyzing key insights, leading to better decisions and strategic moves.
The amount of data that’s being created and stored is incredible. It keeps on growing. One can get potential key insights from the information collected however in reality only a small percentage of data is analyzed. Big data solution plays a key role in analyzing the data irrespective the source and structure of data.
Government can take data from any source and analyze it to find answers that enable Cost reductions, Time reductions and Smart Decision Making etc
When Big data is combined with high-powered analytics, Government can accomplish tasks such as:
- Determining root causes of failures, issues and defects in near-real time.
- Recalculating entire risk portfolios in minutes.
- Detecting fraudulent behavior before it affects our nation.
Government of Rajasthan is desirous to build an environment using big data solution technology which shall provide with a framework to store the varieties of structured and unstructured data which may include text, image, video etc. The Big data solution should be appliance based. The stored data is humongous. The stored datasets which are diverse, complex and massive are to be retrieved and processed in tolerable elapsed time. The department intends to leverage the advanced analytics big data solution available. The SAS solution may be used for analytical services on big data platform.
The department is unable to use SAS properly without big data solution.
Scope of Work
- Leveraging the advanced analytics solution available. The existing SAS solution used for analytical services on big data platform.
- Integration between big data environment and existing advanced analytics solution.
- Understanding the data sources and preparing the deployment architecture.
- Supply, Installation, commissioning and maintenance of Big Data solution environment. It also involved supply, installation and configuration of the necessary Hadoop ecosystem on the infrastructure. The Hadoop environment should be capable enough to integrate with any Structured, Unstructured and Semi Structured databases.
- Operation & Maintenance
The Hadoop is a framework that allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models. It is designed to scale up from single servers to thousands of machines, each offering local computation and storage. Rather than rely on hardware to deliver high-availability, it is designed to detect and handle failures at the application layer, so delivering a highly-available service on top of a cluster of computers, each of which may be prone to failures.
Inspira Enterprise – Leading IT Solutions Provider in India, with its center of excellence in Networking, Unified Communication, Cloud, IT Security, Smart City and Healthcare solutions offered the below stack to Government of Rajasthan.
Inspira big data solution was offered with Teradata Big Data Appliance & Hadoop environment with 400 TeraBytes + and 300 Terabytes along with Research Platform of 30 Terabytes.
Benefits & Results
- The data hub acts as a common source of data for data mining and analytics initiatives
- The big data solution stores unstructured, semi-structured and structured data in a reliable, secure, fault-resilient and scalable data store that can be organized and sorted for indexing and analysis.
- Big data solution offered was cost effective, flexible and faster processing of data stored from various sources.
- Has Ability to batch process (index, analyze etc) the massive data.
- Governments deal with enormous amount of data (existing RDBMS systems, unstructured data like imageries, audio files, video logs, social media contents, blogs etc). In order that such data is put to an effective use in facilitating decision-making, Big Data solution is constructed over the historical data. It permits several types of queries requiring complex analysis on data to be addressed by decision-makers.
- Massive data is stored in secured and fail-safe manner with quick turnaround time.