Hacking happens when someone breaks into a computer system without your log-in credentials. Game of Thrones hacked by few hackers recently, and hackers demanded ransomware in form of digital currency. In this blog learn how to secure your company data with the IT security solutions offering by Inspira.
Hackers break in by going around the normal security, like passwords, and getting in to the computer system via a different route to the official one. Criminals carry out hacking attacks against businesses or organizations because they want to break into a company’s computer systems to cause trouble.
Recently HBO’s most popular series of Game of Thrones hacked. Hackers leaked several episodes of unreleased HBO shows and scripts online. The second round includes scripts for the first four episodes of the current Game of Thrones season, as well as the script of the yet-to-air fifth episode, all watermarked with the hackers’ motto, “HBO is falling.” Beyond those leaked scripts, the spill contains countless HBO internal documents, including emails, financial balance sheets, employment agreements, and marketing-strategy PDFs.
Game of Thrones hacked by the hackers revealed their motive behind this extortion. In the video letter, the hackers have threatened to leak out more Game of Thrones hacked material in the near future. The group of hackers have stolen 1.5 terabytes of data. They are demanding digital currency bitcoin as ransom for the stolen data. Their demand is clear and Non-Negotiable. The deadline for that payment is three days from when the letter was sent, but doesn’t include a date. The hackers have mentioned ways in which HBO would suffer from the full leak – upsetting fans to informing competitors. HBO is working with cyber security firms and law enforcement to resolve the incident. In addition to the ransom letter and internal documents, the hackers’ dump also included a bizarre video summary of next week’s Game of Thrones episode, with stills and plot summary.
After the Game of Thrones hacked, hackers also offered a threatening screenshot of a file directory containing folders that reference more than a dozen HBO shows, including unreleased episodes of upcoming shows like Room 104, Insecure season 2, Curb Your Enthusiasm season 9 etc. Despite the implied and obvious threats, the hackers claim themselves as “white hats” rather than criminals. Money is not their main purpose or aim and it’s like a game for them. They don’t want to endanger HBO’s situation nor want it to lose its reputation. They want to be their partner in a tiny part of HBO’s huge income.
Game of Thrones hacked was a kind of hacking attack that have harmful effects on the victim. These effects differ according to the type of attack the hacker launched and what the target of their attack is.
Inspira Enterprise – Leading IT Solutions Provider in India, offers comprehensive range of IT Security Solutions to protect your data from theft and other security breaches. Inspira offers Detect & Protect Offerings. They are delivered through strict SLA-driven services on a pay per use model.
- SIEM: Inspira SIEM as a Service gives a holistic view of your Organization’s IT infrastructure & Network Security Visibility. The SIEM as a service leverages the event correlation & alert capabilities to detect any suspicious behavior. This way you can secure your data unlike HBO’s Game of Thrones attacked situation. It differentiates the anomalies from the normal behavior network such as the Unauthorized Access to Data, Huge amounts of data transferred between hosts, web traffic that is different from the normal situation, etc. It includes world class security event monitoring analysis from customer’s critical infrastructure (Servers, Databases, Firewalls, IPS’s, AV, DLP, etc.) and reporting services (Security Alerting, Compliance Reporting: ISO 27001, PCI, etc).
- Vulnerability Management: The vulnerability management service allows customer to scan their networks and applications on a regular basis. This kind of data security solution would have prevent the Game of Thrones hacked situation. It allows organization to understand trends in software patching, areas to add more resources and assets that needs monitoring more closely.
- Endpoint Security: Inspira’s endpoint security solutions include data security, network security, advanced threat prevention, forensics and remote access VPN for complete endpoint protection.
- Server Protection: It protects against viruses, rootkits and data-stealing malware while simplifying and automating security operations on servers and storage systems. It offers real-time protection, high performance, and low processing overhead.
- Email Protection: Inspira’s Email Security Solution protects against ransomware, business email compromise, spoofing, and phishing. It uses advanced threat intelligence and a multilayered approach to protect inbound messages and sensitive outbound data.
- Web Protection: It protects you by automatically blocking risky sites and testing unknown sites before allowing users to link to them, thus helping with compliance.
- Network & Datacenter Protection: Protect your high-value data and data center resources with threat defense, highly secured virtualization, segmentation and policy control. Solutions offered are Next-Generation Firewalls, Advanced Malware Protection, Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention, Software-Defined Segmentation, Secure Access, Secure Data Center, Application Centric Infrastructure, Rapid Threat Containment etc.
- Complete UTM Protection: Inspira provides full end to end security stack from user data to the data centre along with full integration and Managed Services that give businesses an assurance of 24×7 protection. It covers Firewalls, Anti-spam, Anti-virus, Web security – social networking and virus attacks, Intrusion prevention, Email encryption, Data leakage prevention, Endpoint encryption etc.
These IT Security Solutions are offered in association with world renowned OEM partners like Intel Security – McAfee, Sophos, Palo Alto, Websense, Fortinet, Blue Coat etc. Inspira has implement data Security Solutions to some of the big brands like State Bank of India, Atos, Punjab National Bank, The Government Tax Entity, RVML, CREDAI, managed security operations at CDSL, Metro Autohangar etc.