What is IT Networking?
The communication process among various computing devices or systems that are linked, or networked, together to exchange information and share resources happens through Computer Network. Procurement of best IT networking products ensure its smooth connectivity for long time.
The increasing scope of communication has led to advancement in the IT networking field and in its relative industries like hardware, software manufacturing and integration. There are three broad IT network types:
- Local Area Network (LAN): Used to serve a small number of people located in a small geographical space.
- Wide Area Network (WAN): Formed to connect a computer with its peripheral resources across a large geographical area.
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)/Wireless Wide Area Network (WWAN): Formed without the use of wires to connect hosts with the server. The data is transferred through radio transceivers.
Inspira Enterprise – Leading IT Solutions Provider in India, has listed types of IT networking products along with the tips to choose best IT Networking products as per your IT infrastructure requirements.
Types of IT Networking Products
- Switches: A network switch is a computer networking device that connects devices together on a computer network. It uses packet switching to receive, process and forward data to the destination device. There are two basic types of switches to choose from as part of your networking basics: managed and unmanaged. An unmanaged switch works out of the box and does not allow you to make changes. Home-networking equipment typically offers unmanaged switches. A managed switch allows you access to program it. This provides greater flexibility to your networking basics because the switch can be monitored and adjusted locally or remotely to give you control over network traffic, and who has access to your network.
- Routers: Routers are small electronic devices that join multiple computer networks together via either wired or wireless connections. Routers contain a processor (CPU), several kinds of digital memory and input-output (I/O) interfaces. Different types of routers are Firewall: Specialized software that examines incoming data and protects your business network against attacks, Virtual Private Network (VPN): A way to allow remote employees to safely access your network remotely, IP Phone network : Combine your company’s computer and telephone network, using voice and conferencing technology, to simplify and unify your communications
- Wireless: Wireless Products provide anywhere, anytime access to network resources with the same quality of experience that a wired network delivers – Access Points, Antennas, Mobility Services, Outdoor and Industrial Wireless, Service Control for Mobile Networks, Wireless IP Telephony, Wireless Integrated Switches and Routers, Wireless LAN Controller, Wireless LAN Management etc.
- Server Load Balancer: Load balancing improves the distribution of workloads across multiple computing resources like computers, a computer cluster, network links, central processing units, or disk drives. It efficiently distributes application requests and data processing services evenly across multiple servers supporting a business network.
- Link Load Balancers: A link load balancer is a network appliance that distributes in-bound and out-bound traffic to and from multiple Internet Service Provider (ISP) links.
- SSL VPN / Universal Access Controllers: A universal access controller is a centralized gateway where network traffic is inspected for compliance with established network access policies.
- Application Acceleration: Application acceleration improves application performance and response time over network connections. It overcomes network effects such as WAN latency, packet loss, and bandwidth congestion etc.
While choosing IT Networking Products for your IT Infrastructure, it is important to understand the way an IT network operates. The IT network operates by connecting computers and peripherals using two pieces of equipment; switches and routers. Switches and routers are essential networking basics that enable the devices connected to your IT network to communicate with each other, as well as with other networks.
Choosing IT networking products for the line card can be a challenge – begin by considering the hardware and software businesses. Buying a particular IT networking equipment will have its own merits & demerits. However, you can minimize the risks you take by choosing the IT Solution Provider carefully with whom you want to work. Their knowledge of the industry, the products and licensing issues will help you make a choice with limited risks.
Tips to Choose IT Networking Products
- Understand Your Company’s Need: One of the best ways to make the right choice of IT Networking products and stay on budget is to figure out your company’s specific needs. As a small business owner, you want to adopt IT networking solutions that will work within your existing business and yield a concrete return on investment. Whatever your company needs, you should fully understand how a IT Networking Solutions will meet them before you ever make the purchase.
- Choosing the vendor: Check for references while screening the IT Solution Provider. Some top-notch vendors will willingly give contact details of their customers while some will hesitate or say it’s against company policy. Evaluate the integrity of the company.After selecting potential IT Solution Provider, focus on inspection and performance process. Check how they evaluate the IT networking products. They grade the incoming equipment in terms of quality. Check how they test the incoming products. Good IT Solution Provider will bench test the equipment and let it run over time to verify its operation.Check whether their technicians are factory-certified. Select IT Solution Provider whose staff has qualified for factory-certification.What is the warranty? Longer is always better. Ask the vendor what their customer support services include and what their turn-around is on replacement parts.
- Look for Integration and Security: It is also important to make sure your new networking solutions can be integrated with your existing systems. The majority of new IT networking products have to be connected wirelessly, so you need to ensure that you have a reliable wireless infrastructure in place. Additionally, some IT networking products aren’t compatible with each other, so be sure to check your existing systems before making new purchases.You also need to determine that your new network devices are completely secure. Small businesses often have fewer protections in place than larger companies, which makes them more vulnerable to hackers. And with the recent security issues, it is absolutely essential to make sure all certificates are certified, spam is blocked and all possible security measures are implemented.
- Look for free demos: Plenty of hardware and software manufacturers, as well as independent vendors, offer free in-office trials and other free demos of their IT networking products. There’s probably no better way to see if a particular software suite or piece of network equipment is a good fit or not.
- Research reviews online: Virtually every major hardware vendor has a dedicated forum for users to share tips and experiences. Go through those sites before buying IT networking product.
- Move to the Cloud instead: Depending on your organizational goals, you can opt for Cloud-based services. They eliminate the need for new equipment as well as the manpower needed for it. Offsite data storage can quickly eliminate costly on-premise servers, and similarly, virtualized networks can often reduce the need for physical network hardware.