Bank of Baroda believes that Technology is an integral part of banking. Right from sourcing and acquiring the customer to servicing and delighting the customer, bank depends upon technology. Technology needs to be leveraged to make the Bank’s routine operations cost-effective. To achieve this, the Bank has engaged the services of McKinsey & Co. to advise it on Business Process Re-engineering and Organizational Restructuring so that its branches can devote maximum time to sales and marketing functions and handle the newly acquired business in an effective manner. The newly created robust technology platform would also facilitate supervision and control and building up of rich management information system to aid the business decision making.
- Provides customer, convenience banking on 24 X 7 basis in India and abroad through deployment of a single Core Banking Solution platform across globe with integrated delivery channels like ATM, Internet, Phone, Mobile, Kiosk, Call Centre etc.
- At Bank of Baroda, technology also covers other applications like Enterprise wide General Ledger, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering, Cheque Truncation, Credit Cards, Mutual Funds, On-line Trading, Data Warehousing, Customer Relationship Management, SWIFT, RTGS, NEFT, Internet Payment gateway, Global Treasury, Human Resources Management System, Employee Pay Roll, Cash Management, Mobile Banking, SMS delivery, Retail Depository, Phone Banking, Risk Management, Knowledge Management etc. which are well integrated and provide a seamless experience to customers of all segments and lines of business.
- Internet Payment gateway offering E-commerce services.
Inspira has successfully delivered and installed 15485 Smartchip Biometric devices in 5220 Branches across all states in India.
Inspira deployed onsite team of 7 resources including 1 onsite Project Manager, 3 Technical coordinators & 3 helpdesk, during the entire period of 7 months for coordination & implementation.
As per the scope, Inspira had to co-ordinate with the existing system integrator for integrating with present system / setup for the branches to function smoothly.
The detailed implementation / Installation scope agreed was:
- Device driver installation in Windows XP / 7 desktops.
- Connecting the newly received device to PC & ensuring device is getting recognized in device manager.
- Collecting details of users in the branch for uploading data in user enrolment portal.
- User enrolment to be done as per instructions / guidelines recd.
- Taking branch sign-off on completion of user enrolment from branch & installation of application.
- Submitting all branch sign-off at Regional Office & collecting Regional Office sign-off.
- Regional Office & branches sign-off to be submitted at BCC for invoice clearance.
The Biometric Finger Print Capture Device was integrated with existing solution in the Bank without any cost to Bank and made capable of upgrading at a later stage whenever required.