The Government of India's latest tax reform to transform Indian economy on a development of growth, has emerged with the requirement of strong IT Infrastructure to protect exchange of information. The Government Tax Entity Project is exclusive and complex IT initiative.
Strong & Secure IT Infrastructure to handle nationwide data for Taxes. Sanitize, Process the data accordingly and make it usable for a later use whenever feasible
Location: Delhi & Bangalore
Scope of Work
Protection of around 10-20 critical applications URLs behind a Reverse Proxy setup
AV scanning of incoming (customer) file uploads at Gateway level
Decryption of incoming SSL traffic for security attacks and vulnerabilities
Storage & Forensics Analysis for incoming and outgoing traffic
WAN optimization for the MPLS connectivity to the Branches and Data Centers across 22 states
Inspira has recently deployed a security solution for a Government based Tax entity in conjunction with Bluecoat. The Bluecoat components were in turn integrated with Traditional Security protections (DDoS, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System, etc.) to provide a complete security solution for the Applications.
The solutions deployed include following components & its functionalities:
Bluecoat - SG-Proxy used in Reverse Proxy mode
- Protects Web applications as it will be front facing various attacks from Internet
- Reverse proxy will be the only entity which will connect the Web servers securely
Bluecoat - CAS (Content Analysis System) Appliance integrated with Reverse Proxy for AV
- Scanning(McAfee AV subscription activated on CAS)
- Gateway level Anti-Virus for scanning file uploads by users
Bluecoat - SSL - Visibility Appliance, for decryption of package and processing decrypted traffic
- Open up the encrypted packet
- Send decrypted packet to IPS for known Malware scanning
- Send a copy of Decrypted packet to Security Analytics for forensics and altering
Bluecoat - Security Analytics for the Security & Forensics Analysis for all incoming and outgoing traffic
- Acts as a security camera in the network
- Captures packets and Net flows to investigate security incidents
- Helps in analyzing the security incident and reply attack scenarios
Bluecoat MACH5 - (WAN Optimization) to optimize the Bandwidth along with Byte, Object Caching
- Helps in acceleration of traffic over WAN, MPLS links by providing Network Optimization, Byte & Object Caching, Protocol Optimization and Compression
A dedicated team of 4 personnel from Inspira executed project across Delhi and Bangalore location. UAT support was provided for around 2 months for extensive testing of the solutions. Deployment was planned as per the set timelines with accurate deliverables. Timely- go live in first attempt for a nationwide Infrastructure project with proper planning, and capacity optimization.
With Inspira solution in place, client is in full control of the incoming Traffic, and is able to take appropriate action for vulnerable files. The Security Analytics serves as a Forensics tool to give security incidents in real time and also provide detailed analysis on historical security based events.